GMHA Skating School
- Our Skating School program is based on 25 years of experience at this level.
- SKATING SCHOOL is intended to be a flexible program designed to give the young participant the best possible start to an enjoyable playing experience.
- We recommend that players skating school for players who have are 4, or 5 as of January 1. Or for those that need more time or encouragement when skating.
- Each player is grouped according to skill level.
- The program consists of:
- Puck Skill Drills
- Cross Cutting
- Lateral Movement Drills
- Rhythmic Balancing
- Action - Reaction Drills
- Flexibility Enhancing
- Balance, Balance and Balance
- Each week there is one 50 minute session. This session is usually on Saturday mornings at the University of Guelph Arena.
- The season begins early fall and wraps up at prior to the march break - typically approx 17-18 sessions.
- Each participant receives a photo and participant award.
- Each participant is required to where full hockey equipment. To view the basic hockey equipment list click here.
2012 - 2013 Skating School Schedule